Instagram

tisdag 8 april 2014

I hear strange sounds

Today has been really intense.

I just returned to my hotel room and there was music on, that really freaked me out until i realised someone from the hotel had been in here and put chocolates on my bed and turned on the radio.

my head doesn't function normally right now. We have had 4 seminars, to much food, strange/great/unexpected conversations.

First thing after breakfast Knight Kiplinger hosted a discussion about the situation for journalism today, the development the last years and the future. I couldn't really contribute, but it was interesting listening in to the discussion.

In the morning we're inspired by great lecturer Robert Hernandez (@webjournalist), he spoke about social media, why and how we could/should use it. I really don't have the energy to properly write about the lecture right now, but he reminded us of what's important: no matter how useful or attractive social media seems, you're always a journalist, and you have to do your job properly.

Later on Jeff Cutler (@jeffcutler) continued speaking about social media. He presented some tools and practices that I think may be useful in our newsroom.

Around 3 pm my head was already full, and I kind of regret that, because I think that Kevin Z Smiths (@SPJethicschair) discussion about ethics in social media was really interesting. Especially since we do things very different in Sweden. I would like to say that we have higher standards, but thats not really fair, because we really have different standards, and having spoken to Kevin afterwards I have a deeper understanding of how things are done over here, even though I don't always agree.

Now, enough of this rant. Good night.

Best regards from a washed up swede.

Inga kommentarer: